Dear LP Families,
During the week of November 17, Livingston Park School joins the nation in celebrating American Education Week. This week is sponsored by the NEA (National Education Association) and serves to celebrate public education and educators who help ensure that ALL students receive a quality education. On behalf of the LP administration, we recognized the hard work and passion our faculty and staff all put forward EVERY day for EVERY student at Livingston Park.
Here is what’s happening as part of our celebration:
All week – Get Caught Reading@LP! - We celebrate the importance of reading in helping every student become college and career ready. As such, LP students are working hard to meet our Million Minute Reading Challenge. Help us show off some of the funny places students may be reading or who they are reading with: under the covers with a flashlight, on a swingset, in a playhouse, with your pets or stuffed animals, etc. Be creative. Take a digital picture and attach it to the “Caught Reading” form. We will be creating a special display at the front of the school for all to enjoy. We invite you to complete the “Caught Reading” display on the card attached WITH your child. Send your completed picture to school any time during this week or next week. We will display all completed cards in the lobby and hallways for everyone to enjoy throughout November and December.
Tuesday, November 19
· LP PTO Meeting – 7:00 PM – Library Media Center
The PTO is an essential part of our school’s success. Please join us at this meeting to connect with other LP parents and staff members. If you are a regular attendee, please bring a friend who usually doesn’t come to PTO Meetings!
Wednesday, November 20 (1:30 closing – Parent teacher conferences)
· Scholastic Book Fair! - Media Center – 3:00-7:30 pm – Come shop for books before or after your conference!
· Open House for Families who Speak Spanish – Room 10- Mrs. Pauley & Ms. Blicharz will share ways to get the most out of Parent/Teacher conferences.
Thursday, November 21 (1:30 closing – Parent teacher conferences)
· Scholastic Book Fair- 3:00-7:30 pm
· Cougar Chat with School Leadership –Mrs. Ciarrocca, Mrs. Cave, & Mrs. Wright (3-4pm) and Mrs. Wright (4-5pm) will be available to speak with any parent in the media center. Feel free to discuss any questions you might have about any topics you are interested in discussing.
Friday, November 22 (1:30 closing – Parent teacher conferences)
· School Spirit Day: LP Student Council Members on the Spirit committee voted for a Pajama Day! If you don’t wish to wear PJ’s, then wear Blue and White or your LP logo t-shirts and sweats!
Thank you for supporting educational excellence at Livingston Park!
Mrs. Janet Ciarrocca